Monday, January 30, 2012

Mama Moments #1

I have so many random thoughts in my head that I want to share with people but in my blog, an entire entry seems really overkill. So I thought to myself, self, why don't you just dedicate a blog entry every once in a while to those blurbs that need no explanation?

Introducing the Mama-Chan Mama Moments series! I'm not sure how long I will go in between posts, maybe a week or two... maybe a few days if there are enough typed out. So without further ado, Mama Moments #1:


I might let him cry a second longer than normal sometimes. I think he is absolutely beautiful all the time, but there is that look on his face the moment he sets his sights on a really good cry where his face just melts my heart. At this time of his life, with his head full of hair, it's hard to remember that he's only 2 months old. When he cries, his face reminds me that he is still very, very young.

When he sleeps I sometimes wish he would wake up and smile his big, open-mouthed, toothless smile and talk his adorable babble that reminds us of Arnold Schwarzenegger's guttural accent (and you're probably thinking, how is that adorable?). Or, I could pick him up and cuddle in bed with him if I knew he wouldn't wake up. Because if and when he wakes up, I'm usually am too...

He was a major oops but I still thank him for choosing to stay, for choosing me to be his mama. I thank Gary every once in a while for giving him to me.

I recently noticed that my instagram photos have gone from pictures of food (pregnancy; I was around 24 weeks, give or take, when I got my iPhone) to pictures of Daniel (motherhood).

As much as I bitch about how tired I am, how I feel like a dairy cow, how my old pants STILL don't fit and he peed on my one good pair of pre-pregnancy jeans that fit, I am truly enjoying my baby and motherhood. I am secretly planning my next pregnancy (time frame, name, those sorts of things).

Daniel loves his mobile. In our room, his crib is right next to my computer desk, so I can put him in his crib and let him watch his mobile for about 10 minutes (before he loses interest, like he is now as I write this blurb). I love hearing him babble to himself/the animals on the mobile. It's the best thing ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment